Friday, September 13, 2013

August/September Recess

Since my last post, life has picked up quite a bit.  With no vacation to speak of for me since last Christmas and still nothing planned for longer than 5 days in the near future, I opted for some long weekends away in August and September.  What I didn't anticipate were the mornings I had to get to work early in exchange for my time galavanting for an entire day - usually a Friday.

Trips and a varied work schedule equated to not only missing mysore, but sometimes not practicing at home.  The first few times it happened, I felt awful about not going to the studio and worse, not late canceling my class reservation.  I'd become a regular at AYSDC and enjoyed the rhythm of getting up, getting out and seeing people in the predawn.  Plus, I'm super accountable.

When I practiced at home, I found that The Weaver  no longer woke up with me.  It was almost as though my waking up and not leaving was some gross error.  I can only guess that Mona thought I'd soon be putting on shoes to leave, so why go through the trouble of monitoring my activity?

I haven't been to the studio  much in about 3 weeks, but I've been in touch with Keith regularly and my periodic home practice helps me to feel on track save for the lack of adjustments.  Of course, it's not the same.  Off to work I would go, often sore from NOT practicing.  My low back missing the newly incorporated assisted drop backs.   I texted hot and cold to my teacher "I'll be there!" "Working early, ugh" or "Out of town, see you soon".   I felt like I was letting him down by not being there and told him so.   Keith is always empathetic and I appreciated his graceful check ins.  He texted,  "Just making sure you're OK.  The gang misses you."  

In addition to the long weekends and early work days, football season has resumed.  I'm a Washington Redskins fan and find myself pretty wrapped up in the team when the games begin.  The one Monday night game is out of the way now, so I'm sitting pretty as far as getting to bed at a decent hour during the season  :).  Here are few pictures from my long weekends.

Dave Chappelle Pre-show Stand Up Acts
Susquehanna Bank Center, Camden N.J.
My Nephew George and His Beautiful New Bride, Alicia
Columbus, OH
On the way to Breakfast
Edgartown, Martha's Vineyard
Big Bro and Me before Georgie's Wedding
Columbus, OH
Soror Deb and Me at the Season Opener for the Washington Redskins
FedEx Field -  Landover, MD














1 comment:

  1. Jess,
    You are beautiful. I miss you at IPY. Hope to see you soon! Patricia Monahan

    ReplyDelete